The award ceremony recognising the best executives and companies of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Southeast Europe, and Central Europe, brought to Sarajevo more than 400 entrepreneurs, public personalities, and politicians. The awards encourage business leaders to do good not only for themselves but also for the people around them. As such, the organisations also support the advancement of art, culture, and society in general. In the 20 years of its existence, the Best Manager award has become renowned for being a measure of success of managers and companies worldwide, especially because it is conferred exclusively on the basis of concrete results and has no ties to politics. The award was founded by the international community for the wider region together with domestic business associations and partners not directly involved in business.
Upon receiving the award, Jože Mermal, President of the BTC Management Board, highlighted the importance of a clear developmental strategy and a good internal atmosphere: “In the BTC Company, our vision is clear: by 2020 we want to become a company of open dialogue. Everybody in the company is committed to this goal. This award is a recognition not only of the successful management of our company but also that it is headed in the right direction, which is based on innovation, sustainability, and openness, not limited to our domestic market. We are becoming an important player and business partner in the field of logistics also on the regional level.”
BTC is an open, modern, and successful company, which builds its business culture on innovation, corporate social responsibility, and sustainable development. It achieves business growth by making continuous investments in the development of shopping centres, offering logistics services, managing office space, promoting responsible environmental practices within the scope of Mission: Green, and supporting general social initiatives. The following facts testify to the company’s international engagement:
- BTC City Ljubljana, as a comprehensive ecosystem of entangled activities, diverse content, and events in the fields of sport, culture, shopping, education, and business cooperation, attracts 21 million visitors per year, about a tenth of whom are foreigners;
- the BTC Logistics Centre creates more than 60 percent of income per year with non-domestic business partners;
- BTC PROP provides quality solutions in the field of real estate and wealth management for domestic companies as well as renowned multinationals;
- the BTC Company is a good partner to ambitious individuals and organisations, whose achievements reverberate at home and abroad. It is the co-founder and supporter of the centres for innovation and entrepreneurship ABC Accelerator and ABC Hub, thus contributing to the global business narrative. As a creator of opportunities for present and future generations, BTC is realising its vision of an open dialogue society and contributes to the economic development of Slovenia.
The Independent Agency for the selection of best managers was founded in 1995. It has been choosing the best representatives in all fields of business for more than twenty years. The award was first given only to managers in Bosnia and Herzegovina. However, the project soon expanded and has now included the best managers of the entire region of Southeast and Central Europe for the 18th year in a row. Every year, the jury receives more than 2,000 nominations promoting European managers and other successful personalities. You can find out more about the awards at the agency’s website.
Maja Oven, Director of the Market Communication and Public Relations Sector
- T: +386 (0)1/585 13 15
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org